Sunday, January 07, 2007

Ode to my 'Muslim' friend

This i wish i don't have to tell but i got to,
it was morn, three men conversing between two,
its the first day since the years passed,
reminiscing moments that lasts.
They asked a question, "man why don't you drink?",
no thinking, i just said that i'm a muslim,
and their next reaction did blew me of my mind,
they were laughing, giggling sif' i spit a comedy line.
It hit my temple, like thoughts coming in gushes,
cos' my hope for a muslim friend crash and burn into ashes.

I'm not irate, i don't wish to curse.
I just wanna lay down, priorities first.
They laughed, yeah so whats the big ish'?
they are muslims too, damn and thats a big hit.
that moment, my mind was empty,
as shock and disgust overcame me,
i start to query:
I can't believe how true this reality?
like the sweet fairy tale or bitter tsunami?
I felt like packing my bag, stash by stash,
as my hope for a muslim friend burns to ash.

This the third verse cos two just ain't sufficient.
This message i bring friends take time to listen,
if you don't wanna follow then walk out silent,
theres no need for you to start your dissing.
Ridicule and act tough, aping and then laugh,
gaping at your stuff, denying in your doubt,
man, i wish the Prophet could live again,
so they could see how he protected our religion.
God, make sahabas live again,
so we can see how they suffered and then prolly we can comprehend,
till that day come i'm in the mosque and on my knees,
hope for a muslim friend to come, a wish that never cease.

Zul Pujangga

Respect till infinity.

"O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination,- of Satan's handwork: eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper."(5;90)

No comments: