Thursday, June 12, 2008

10 on the richter

In the name of Allah, Most gracious, Most merciful.

It came like a typhoon which pulled my heart strings. Devastation is too small a word. But something reminded me to rejoice:

" We will test your steadfastness with fear and famine, with loss of property and life and crops. Give good news to those who endure with fortitude, who in adversity say: 'We belong to God, and to him we shall return.' On such men will be God's blessing and mercy; such men are rightly guided." Q:2:155-157.

'I belong to God, and to him I shall return.' May i be of those who are rightly guided.

Even then, i still can't sleep. And my mother told me once before:

"Surely, in the remembrance of God all hearts are comforted. Blessed are those who have faith and do good works; blissful is their end." Q:13:28

Shall i go to sleep tonight with these phrase:

"Laaila Ha Ilallah. There is no God But Allah".

Nothing else left unsaid.

No comments: